Monday, June 11, 2012

Vegas

I know I know... this is a little late. But I finally uploaded these pictures from my phone and thought I'd share.
Brig and I wanted to celebrate my graduation from BYU by going on some sort of vacation. We hadn't gone on a real vacation since out honeymoon, so we were excited when we were offered a few nights at a  condo owned by a couple in Brig's parents' ward. It was a beautiful condo, and it felt nice to be able to just do nothing for a few days! It was nice and warm down there; a perfect escape from Utah.
We couldn't really afford to go somewhere far, and Brig and I couldn't miss work for very long, so Vegas was the perfect location. Although I was sick the whole time (seems to happen every single time I leave town...) we had a great time!

We didn't have the best luck with food on the trip. We went to a Chinese restaurant with great reviews, but terrible food. Nobody spoke English there, so we somehow ended up getting enough food for 5 people and didn't eat any of it.
 Eggs benedict. Better than the Chinese, but only by a little bit.


 Best part of Las Vegas! For some reason, these fountains have always been so inspiring and beautiful to me. One year, I came down to Vegas with my parents and my mom and I sat for 2 hours and watched 8 fountain shows in one night.


 Bellagio conservatory gardens


 Laying out... ignore the paleness.

 On our last day of the trip, we finally had good luck with a restaurant. A friend suggested we go to Hash House a Go Go, and it was a hit! This was my yummy banana brown sugar pancake. I could only eat about 1/4 of it, even though it was so good!!!
We were planning on going to Zion's for a few days after Vegas, but I just didn't seem to be getting better (ended up with a sinus infection), and didn't feel up to hiking in 90 degree weather, so we went home early. Kind of a bummer, but all in all a good vaca!!

No comments:

Post a Comment